The international break provides a much-needed interlude to FPL managers as the first few weeks went like a breeze. But what can you do to set yourself up for success post the break? FPL Pitch shares his thoughts.
The international break in the Fantasy Premier League (FPL) can be a double-edged sword for FPL managers. On one hand, it offers a much-needed respite from the weekly rollercoaster of emotions that come with managing your fantasy team. On the other hand, it can disrupt your FPL momentum. Here are some strategies to make the most of the international break.
1. Assess Your Squad: Take this opportunity to evaluate your FPL team’s performance so far. Identify underperforming players, injuries, or suspensions that may require attention.
2. Research: Use the break to research and gather information. Keep an eye on player news, form, and fixtures. Look for hidden gems or differentials who could provide value in upcoming gameweeks.
3. Wildcard Consideration: If your squad needs a major overhaul, consider using your wildcard. This allows you to make unlimited transfers without taking point deductions.
4. Plan Ahead: Analyze the fixtures for the upcoming gameweeks. Plan your transfers strategically to maximize points. Keep an eye on fixture swings and captaincy options.
5. Injuries and Suspensions: Stay updated on international matches to monitor injuries or suspensions that could affect your FPL players. Make contingency plans if needed.
6. Mini-League Strategies: If you’re competing in mini-leagues, assess your rivals’ teams. Look for ways to gain an edge, whether it’s by differentiating your squad or targeting the same players they have.
7. Price Changes: Be aware of price changes during the break. Players’ values can fluctuate based on demand, so consider making transfers early to avoid price rises.
8. Rest and Recharge: Remember that FPL is a long game. Take this time to relax and recharge. Avoid knee-jerk reactions and impulsive transfers.
In summary, the international break is a valuable period to regroup, research, and strategize for the upcoming FPL gameweeks. Use it wisely to gain an advantage over your rivals and ensure a successful fantasy football season.
What are your plans for your team during the international break? Let us know in the comments below or drop @FPLPitch a DM on X/Twitter.
You can find Fantasy Premier League (FPL) resources for the 23/24 season here.