Which are the best player picks and differential in Bundesliga Fantasy for the final gameweek before the wildcard? Tipster Zahid shares his insights.
As it’s the last game week before unlimited transfers, we should be highly focused on this week’s fixtures.
Mainz vs. Hertha Berlin
Mainz lost the match against TSG without showing any resistance, although they started the match well. Things went south when Hack received a red card, and the opponent dominated the rest of the game. Hertha, however, showed a solid performance against Bayer Leverkusen and were even close to getting 3 points, which was interrupted by Schick’s goal.
- Karim Onisiwo [9.8M, 3%] – With the absence of Jonathan Burkardt, Onisiwo will be the main goal threat and is also the current top scorer of the team.
- Aaron Martin [8.1M, 4%] – Gets points for goal attempts in almost every game.
- Chidera Ejuke [8.2m, 0%] – Although Mainz is claimed to have a solid defence, we’ve seen some horrible mistakes from centre-backs in the last matches (e.g., Leverkusen, TSG). Ejuke is the most successful dribbler in the squad and constantly delivers from the wings. He can be considered as a differential pick as his ownership rate is 0%.
Augsburg vs. Bayern Munich
Enrico Maaßen’s side performed at a high level in the last match against Werder Bremen, where the starting lineup was offensive with three attackers up front. Bayern, on the other hand, couldn’t get a win at home against VFB Stuttgart, which was their third consecutive draw in the league.
- Alphonso Davies [16M, 29%] – He got a total of 17 points in the last match despite the team conceding two goals, and he’s expected to start.
- Jamal Musiala [13M, 40%] – Scoring only one goal in the last match isn’t the only reason for you to pick him. He has also shown in the UCL match against FC Barcelona that he’s constantly moving in the penalty box, searching for the opportunity for the lead, eventually leading him to be chosen as man of the match.
- Rafal Gikiewicz [6.6M, 7%] – Being the last match’s hero and having a high possibility of getting plenty of shots should make you consider him in your starting eleven.
Bayer Leverkusen vs. Werder Bremen
Getting a point in the last minutes of the match against Hertha Berlin and a solid performance in UCL by beating Atletico Madrid should convince us that Seoane’s side is in the right direction. However, Werder didn’t perform well against Augsburg, despite few chances.
- Jeremie Frimpong [11.2M, 12%] – Berisha’s assist against Werder showed that they leave significant spaces in the left half space. This can be a tremendous opportunity for Frimpong, who also had two assists against Atletico Madrid.
- Niclas Füllkrug [6.2M, 19%] – He is always the destination of crosses and even scored one in the last match, which was ruled out. Also, after the penalty miss of Marvin Ducksch, there is almost no doubt he will take over on penalties.
Stuttgart vs. Frankfurt
Stuttgart showed how well they can perform in their last match in Allianz Arena. Frankfurt, on the other hand, lost the match against Wolfsburg after a glorious win over RB Leipzig. Even though they got an extremely important win over Marseille in UCL, the non-sufficient recovery period should be considered.
- Serhou Guirassy [8.3M, 0%] – The newcomer who is hoped to be the successor of Kalajdzic had a good performance against FC Bayern with a goal from a penalty besides a number of chances, one of which met the crossbar.
- Randal Kolo Muani [11.2M, 6%] – We were not the only ones who noticed his high-level performance and consistency as he was called up to France’s national team. Along with Daichi Kamada, he is the main goal threat of the squad.
Borrusia Dortmund vs Schalke
Revierderby is undoubtedly the central match of this game week as it returns after its one-year absence. After a terrible show up against RB Leipzig, BVB managed to perform well in UCL against Man. City, even though it wasn’t possible to grab any points. Schalke got their first win at home against Bochum with a dominant performance.
- Marco Reus [15.3M, 34%] – The team’s top scorer and leads in the stats regarding expected goals on target (xGOT).
- Giovanni Reyna [11.7M, 0%] – Always active in attack, and even in the last match in the league, he constantly tried to deliver crosses to Modeste, which can be dangerous in the derby, and he’s most probably in the starting lineup.
- Thomas Ouwejan [5.1M, 2%] – Leads for highest expected assists in the squad, and he’s always active in the left corridor for crosses, which can give him spaces behind Meunier.
Borussia Mönchengladbach vs RB Leipzig
Although a point taken from the match against Freiburg can be considered favorable, the injury of Florian Neuhaus was the saddest part. Marco Rose, on the other hand, didn’t hesitate to dominate against his ex-team.
- Yann Sommer [9.8M, 29%] – Got 17 points in the last match, which is much more than most of the strikers’ points, making him an obvious choice against the solid Leipzig attack.
- Marcus Thuram [11.5M, 17%] – He leads in expected goals and is the team’s top scorer. Even in the match against Freiburg, he had chances that Flekken saved.
You can find additional Bundesliga Fantasy resources for the 22/23 season here.